Advertising Senior Analyst
Office of Marketing
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 2.3
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is seeking an Advertising Senior Analyst, reporting to the Director of Marketing Optimization. UMUC is one of the biggest advertisers in the DMV area and one of the largest universities in the country with over 90,000 students. We are currently looking for someone with analytical aptitude to help improve our advertising efforts to attract new students. This is a great opportunity to analyze advertising across multiple mediums and geographies, working with a large budget and partnering with some of the strongest advertising agencies in the country. The role is a part of a small-sized, but large-impact team and will help make important optimization decisions from day one.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Analyze advertising data, measure the impact of our campaigns and report out to key stakeholders
- Work with team members and our advertising agencies to uncover opportunities with potential to improve performance
- Help bring insights to life and tell a compelling story
- Participate in brainstorming and testing of new campaign ideas or conversion improvement projects
- Collaborate with external vendors and the Business Intelligence team on data capture across multiple “listening posts”. QA data to ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (engineering, economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, science, etc.) from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Three to five (3-5) years of work experience.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to identify actionable insights and problem solve are essential.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proactive and curiosity - a keen interest in how things work.
- Entrepreneurial and comfortable challenging the status quo.
- A detail-oriented person who is excited to roll up their sleeves.
- Works effectively both independently and as a collaborative team player.
- Uses sound judgment to identify issues and escalates when appropriate.
- Embraces and appreciates the mission of higher education for working adults.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with tools like Salesforce.com, Tableau, Google Analytics and large data warehouses.
- Effective communication skills with both analytical colleagues and laypeople.
- Marketing and advertising experience.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.