Information Technology & Cyber Security
The Graduate School
Location: Lakenheath, Mildenhall, and/or Alconbury, United Kingdom
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach on-site in the United Kingdom in the Cyber Security program.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Cyber Security or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Professional experience in Cyber Security or related field
- Please attach conferred unofficial transcripts and/or credential evaluations for all graduate degrees.
- Preference given to those who can teach in multiple disciplines
- You must meet the minimum technology requirements, which can be reviewed at https://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/facultyrecruit/upload/Adjunct-Faculty-Minimum-Technology-Requirements.pdf
- Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred
- Local applicants only. Adjunct faculty positions are not eligible for UMUC sponsored logistical support. Applicants must have and be able to maintain their own legal status in the country in which they apply to teach. Please note that a valid passport is required as a condition of employment and you must be in possession of a valid passport at the time of final offer of employment.
Materials needed for submission:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- Unofficial transcripts for all conferred graduate degrees with conferral date (or credential evaluations)
- Two professional/academic references with email addresses and phone numbers
- Part of the selection process includes providing official transcripts.
- If your degrees were earned from an institution(s) outside the US: UMUC requires a 3rd party credit evaluation from a NACES approved vendor (http://www.naces.org/)
- If an unofficial copy of the evaluation is submitted to UMUC, then the official transcript(s) would still be required.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMUC—one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMUC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMUC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMUC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMUC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMUC
UMUC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements
The Cyber Security Program at UMUC
Please visit https://www.europe.umuc.edu/graduate/graduate-programs to learn more about this program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework.
Please visit https://www.europe.umuc.edu/hr/careers-position-announcements to learn more about teaching in Europe.
Faculty Training at UMUC
We are committed to your professional success at UMUC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online new faculty orientation, FacDev 412, as a condition of hire.
Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.