Program Chair, Doctor of Management in Community College Policy and Administration
The Graduate School
12-month Collegiate Faculty, Full-Time
The Graduate School (TGS) at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Program Chair for its Doctor of Management degree program in Community College Policy and Administration. The new program chair will join one of the largest online institutions in the world, serving a global student population. Working adults, military personnel, and other students around the globe are achieving their academic goals through UMUC’s innovative educational options, including online instruction, accelerated academic programs, and classroom-based courses taught during the daytime, evenings, and weekends.
UMUC offers onsite instruction in over 150 locations in the U.S., Asia, and Europe, including over 20 locations in the Maryland and greater D.C area. One of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM), UMUC is the largest public institution of higher education in the U.S., serving over 92,000 students annually, including 70,000 undergraduates and 20,000 graduate students.
UMUC strives to reflect the diversity of the global community within which it exists. Cultural differences are valued as essential to the educational process and working environment. Candidates with an understanding of and appreciation for diversity are especially encouraged to apply.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Leading, managing, and promoting the development and direction of the Doctor of Management in Community College Policy and Administration (DMCCPA) in collaboration with university leadership
- Preparing, developing, and administering courses within that program
- Recruiting, mentoring, and supervising faculty
- Managing aspects of the program while it is offered in its classic form, as well as leading the process for its redevelopment in the new TGS problem and scenario-based form
- Overseeing and administering all program components and processes, including instructional design and revision oversight, learning resources assembly, and data-driven quality assurance
- Teaching courses within the program, demonstrating highly effective practices for program faculty
- Working with faculty to ensure the program meets student needs
- Enhancing student engagement by resolving student issues, and by overseeing student experiences, including their residencies for their growth and development
- Building and promoting program communities of practice among faculty
- Performing other job-related assignments
- Program Chair will be expected to work onsite at the University’s Academic Center at Largo.
Required Education and Experience:
- Terminal degree preferably in field related to higher education and/or community college leadership
- Five years of professional leadership experience in one or more community colleges, preferably in executive positions
- Three years of teaching experience, preferably including online with adult students
- Excellent administrative, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in managing diverse teams and projects
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.