Senior HRIS Analyst
Office of Human Resources
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 3.1
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks a Senior HRIS Analyst in the Office of Human Resources. Reporting to the HRIS Manager, the Senior HRIS Analyst will help drive innovation and delivery of high quality products and services for UMUC’s Office of Human Resources through technical and functional support. This position will have an opportunity to support short and long term projects that deliver HR's strategies. This position will partner closely with other UMUC departments to support Workday as well as implement and/or improve current offerings, addressing the end to end user (i.e., employee/workforce) experience. Through these partnerships this position will provide expertise in Workday, how it is used, where it meets or fails to meet user needs, and then help teams to solve problems through expertise (e.g. process, or technology).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support expansion and optimization of Workday HCM and other HR technology solutions to solve business problems.
- Work with HR Business Partners and other Human Resource functional team members as you partner with them to understand business needs, define solution requirements, and design new or modify existing Workday functionality to meet changing demands.
- Provide technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, implementing and supporting HR systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Understand system technical strategy and new functionality and map to opportunities to extend and optimize HR technology implementations to support global HR strategy and meet global business needs.
- Collaborate with HRIS & IT team to configure, maintain, and support system integration
- Generate and deliver reports using Workday Report Writer
- Troubleshoot and analyze Workday HCM
- Gather and document requirements
- Act as technical liaison with clients, end users, and internal departments
- Research to determine applicability to process improvement
- Support UMUC Core Values
- Other Job Related Duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of four (4) years working in a Human Resources environment
- Proficiency in Workday HCM, security, integrations and reporting tools
- Workday HCM experience in Workday Performance Management, Recruiting and Compensation; Benefits and Absence modules highly desired
- Business Process design, configuration and testing
- Experience with Cloud connect and basic understanding of WD Studio to partner with IT
- Post production support experience
- Experience working with HR to collect and define requirements for simply to complex enhancement requests and document changes made
- Experience in PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 or above to include PSQuery preferred
- Experience using SQL (Structured Query Language) preferred
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferred experience includes: functional HR background, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical and testing skills, working knowledge of HRIS databases, overall knowledge of HR policies and best practices, demonstrated ability to train end-users, and IT systems implementation.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.