Service Center Specialist
Department: UMUC Asia
Location: Asia Yokota Headquarters, Japan
Overseas Contingent III, Full-time, 100% FTE Grade 3
Description: The Service Center Specialist reports to the Associate Director in Student Services. He/she must provide excellent customer service when communicating with the student population and greeting visitors in a personal, professional, and organized manner to represent UMUC. He/she will perform student services related duties in the areas of admissions, transcripts, and student record data clean up, as well as monitoring the physical safety and security of the building. He/she will also demonstrate the ability to maintain professionalism and courtesy during all interactions with internal and external customers. The Service Center Specialist will understand the university’s structure and department duties and also assist with processes and duties for student services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform processes on a daily basis in the areas of admissions, incoming and outgoing transcripts, and student record data clean up
- Monitor safety and security of the building and be trained to respond to emergency situations
- Serve as the frontline for all incoming calls and visitors to the regional UMUC Administrative Headquarters
- Assist with commencement preparation as required
- Route incoming Student Services correspondence to the proper staff member
- Direct calls to the correct office, providing general information when needed
- Maintain directory information for in-house telephone listings, office telephone listings, and provide updated information to the organization promptly
- Ensure emergency contacts are updated and available, if needed
- Perform Salesforce case management as directed
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
- 3-5 years professional experience in an office environment
- Computer skills, especially MS Word and Excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Possess strong written and verbal skills as well as a cooperative team member attitude
- Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong office and customer service experience
- Knowledge of Parchment and document management systems
- Experience working with Salesforce, Workday, and/or military portals
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicant must qualify for ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.