Student Communications Specialist
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full Time, Pay Grade 1.2
* A cover letter must be included with all applications *
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks a Student Communications Specialist, in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management. This role will report to the Director, Re-Marketing Campaign Management. The Specialist serves as a member of the university's new student acquisition and re-enrollment marketing team.
The primary objective of this position is to aid in development and configuration of student re-marketing initiatives through email and text messaging. Oversee and manage student communications intake and governance process. Assist the team with creating and updating student journeys.
The Specialist will be responsible for working with internal clients’ requests; assisting with the creation and maintenance of new and existing journeys; and ensuring that the quality and timeliness of deliverables meet clients’ expectations.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Manages the work-stream and governance process set-up by student communication group
- Participates in overall Student Communications strategy
- Works with the Assistant Director to ensure Student Communications aligns with current and future ad hoc campaigns
- Monitor the progress and success of marketing campaigns
- Design, implement and regularly deliver relevant dashboard and other reports, complete with actionable insights and recommendations
- Consult with internal teams on analytical and technical issues; follow through on resolutions
- Assign and manage work requests, both within the Marketing Campaign Management team and for call campaigns assigned to the Advising teams
- Update and create email content
- Serve as back up to Acquisition Manager
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree required from an accredited institution of higher learning and two (2) years of relevant working experience
- Experience working with a cloud-based marketing automation platform
- 2+ years Email Marketing or CRM experience required
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Strong Excel, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.